Swimming and Sinking Animation Competition!
The team at Aardman have been so impressed with your Easter animations that we’ve got another exciting animation challenge for you this month! There’s a copy of Aardman’s Cracking Animation book, plus a set of Aardman wooden modelling tools up for grabs for the winner!
We’ve just released a new video tutorial that shows you how to make Morph swim through a table, so for this month’s competition we want you to create your own swimming/ sinking character animation using the tips in the video!
You could make your animation exactly like the one in the tutorial, or you could choose to use another character, a different object instead of a table, or a different swimming direction!
- Once you’ve decided on what you’re going to make, it’s time to start animating! You can download a free trial of the Animate It! software from our website and take a look at lots of animation tutorials to get you started.
- Your film must be no longer than 1 minute – keep it short and sweet!
- Once you’ve finished your film, upload your video to YouTube (if you’re under 13 years old get a grown-up to help you with this)
- Post a link to your animation in the comments section below! Our competition closes at 12pm GMT on Friday, 31st May 2013
- The best animation received will win a Cracking Animation book, plus a set of special Aardman wooden modelling tools!