Take Part in Our New Easter Animation Competition!
With Easter coming up at the end of March, in this month’s competition we want to see your own Easter-themed animation! It can be any subject and style you want – you could use real-life easter eggs and animate them cracking open, make clay bunnies and animate them hopping around, make a cartoon about an Easter chick, or any other ideas you might have – it’s totally up to you!
- Once you’ve decided on a theme, it’s time to start animating! You can download a free trial of the Animate It! software from our website and take a look at lots of animation tutorials to get you started.
- Your film must be no longer than 1 minute – keep it short and sweet!
- Once you’ve finished your film, upload your video to YouTube (if you’re under 13 years old get a grown-up to help you with this)
- Post a link to your animation in the comments section below!
Our competition closes at 12pm GMT on Friday, 5th April.
- The best animation received this month will win a Cracking Animation book, plus a giant Cadbury Creme Egg easter egg!
Looking for some inspiration? Here’s a few clips to get your brain whirring…
Last year Aardman created some commercials for Cadbury’s Creme Eggs. They animated real eggs and created tiny backgrounds, sets and props to make them come to life:
Animations don’t need to have lots of detail to be effective. Look at the simple line drawings used for the bunny in this episode of Simon’s Cat!
Hope you enjoy this month’s challenge and we look forward to watching your entries!