Gromit Animation Competition!
Are you ready for another animation challenge? With the Gromit Unleashed arts trail now open to the public, this month’s challenge is all about Gromit!
We’d like you to create your own Gromit-themed short film – the story is up to you and you can use any style of animation you like, whether it be 2D drawn animation, 3D clay models, or anything else you can think of!
- Take a look at our Gromit film kit for inspiration. There’s a worksheet to help you create your own Gromit models, backgrounds if you’d like to make a set and a Gromit outline if you’d like to colour it in and make a 2D film.
- Once you’ve decided on what you’re going to make, it’s time to start animating! You can download a free trial of the Animate It! software from our website and take a look at lots of animation tutorials to get you started.
- Your film must be no longer than 1 minute – keep it short and sweet!
- Once you’ve finished your film, upload your video to YouTube (if you’re under 13 years old ask a grown-up to help you with this)
- Post a link to your animation in the comments section below! Our competition closes at 12pm GMT on Friday, 30th August 2013
- The competition is open to people under the age of 18 only (sorry grown-ups!)
- The best animation received will win a Cracking Animation book, plus a Gromit Unleashed goodie bag.
Good luck with your entries everyone! If you’re looking for a bit of inspiration, here are some classic Gromit moments to get you started…