Competition: Can You Make Yourself Or A Friend Hover?
It’s been a while coming but we’re pleased to announce we’ve got a new animation challenge for you to enter this month! This time we want to see the clever and crazy ways you use the hover effect in your animations. Share your hovering moments with us and you could win a copy of Aardman’s Cracking Animations Book and a Morph It! The Squishy Squashy Dough Modelling Game.
Before you start, check out our latest animation tutorial in which top Aardman model maker Steve Edge shows you how to achieve the hover effect using the Animate It! software – take a look here:
Now it’s your turn! You could try Steve’s suggestion of jumping holding hands or meeting mid-air to look like you and your friend are dancing with your feet off the ground – a really simple but cool effect that will give your animations the ‘wow’ factor. If you’ve got a co-operative pet who can jump on command you could try that, too – how cool is a hovering dog! – or you could try using a soft toy or another object. The more imaginative the better!
As usual, our standard conditions apply:
- Once you’ve decided on what you’re going to make, it’s time to start animating! You can download a free trial of the Animate It! software from our website and take a look at lots of animation tutorials to get you started.
- Your film must be no longer than 1 minute – keep it short and sweet!
- Once you’ve finished your film, upload your video to YouTube (if you’re under 13 years old get a grown-up to help you with this)
- Post a link to your animation in the comments section below! Our competition closes at 12pm GMT on Monday, 31st March.
- The competition is open to people under the age of 18 only (sorry grown-ups!)
- The entries will be judged by an Aardman expert and the winning animation will win a Cracking Animation book, plus a Morph It! The Squishy Squashy Dough Modelling Game.