Christmas Animation Competition!
The festive season is almost here and we’re getting into the spirit of Christmas by watching our favourite Christmas movies. The thing is, we could really do something a bit different to watch this year – something animated that will make us laugh and get us feeling really excited about December 25th…and that’s where you come in! We want you to share your Christmas-themed animations with us and in return we’ll be giving away a prize for our favourite animation – a nice early Christmas present from us to you!
Your animation should have a festive theme but you’re free to use whatever style you like. Perhaps you might like to base your film on a favourite Aardman character or use your own creation. You can use clay models, toys or tell your story using hand-drawn characters. You can integrate some of the techniques explained on our Animation Tips page, perhaps, but it’s really up to you – just make sure your film adheres to our standard rules, outlined at the bottom of the page!
To get you inspired, why not check out some of these fun Christmas animation moments, including some clips from Aardman’s own back catalogue…
A musical Creature Comforts:
The creatures explain how they do Christmas:
A cracking Christmas contraption, courtesy of Wallace & Gromit:
Dreaming of a white Christmas? Check out Wallace & Gromit’s snowy invention:
The trailer for The Snowman and the Snowdog:
And a clip from the original animation, a real Christmas classic:
Take a look on YouTube for some more Christmas animations to inspire you, then it’s time to start animating! Here are other key things to remember:
- You can download a free trial of the Animate It! software from our website and take a look at lots of animation tutorials to get you started!
- Your film must be no longer than 1 minute – keep it short and sweet!
- Once you’ve finished your film, upload your video to YouTube (if you’re under 13 years old get a grown-up to help you with this). The post a lin to your animation in the comments section below
- Our competition closes at 5pm (GMT) on Wednesday 17th December 2014
- The competition is open to people under 18 years old only (sorry grown ups)
- The winning animation will win a copy of our ‘Cracking Animation’ book, a Mini Morph & Chas Kit Bundle and a pack of Morph Fridge Magnets.