Make A Shaun Inspired Film & Win!
To celebrate the release of Shaun the Sheep The Movie, we’re giving you the chance to try your hand at making a Shaun-themed animation. We’ve created a new Movie Film Kit to help you get your idea off the ground, including backgrounds taken from the film, such as the Big City, the bus station and outside the restaurant. The kit also includes instructions for making a clay Shaun and Timmy so you can create the stars of your movie!
You’ll also find farmyard sound effects in the kit (‘baaas’, of course, and some pigs ‘oinks’, cockerel ‘crows’ and other useful sounds, such as birdsong, tractor engine noises and gates opening and closing) and tips on giving your film that extra ‘something’ with our special effects ideas.
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t yet seen the film – we want you to come up with your own ideas for what Shaun and the gang might get up to when let loose in the Big City! You can, of course, use the film trailer as a springboard for ideas – take a look here:
The usual competition guidelines apply (detailed below) but aside from that let your imagination run wild! We’re looking for some really imaginative ideas that show Shaun enjoying some new adventures!
To reward your creative efforts, we have a great prize for the winner! You’ll receive a cool Shaun goody bag including: a copy of Shaun the Sheep The Box Set DVD, a pair of Movie Flock Ears, a Shaun keyring and a Shaun soft toy. Two runners up will receive a copy of the Shaun the Sheep compilation ‘Spring Cleaning’ on DVD.
Here are the competition terms and conditions and things to remember:
- You can download a free trial of the Animate It! software and take a look at lots of animation tutorials to get you started!
- Your film must be no longer than 1 minute – keep it short and sweet!
- Once you’ve finished your film, upload your video to YouTube (if you’re under 13 years old get a grown-up to help you with this). Then post a link to your animation in the comments section below
- Our competition closes at 5pm (GMT) on Friday 17th April 2015
- The competition is open to people under 18 years old only (sorry grown ups!)